classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Not historic but fantastic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation
RotaryBri

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Not historic but fantastic Reply with quote

I was in our bathroom this afternoon when I heard the noise of a group of propeller driven aircraft so I opened the window and looked out and saw 4 small single seater aircraft in formation with smoke trailing from them. They performed a most fantastic display over Warwick School just down the road from my house. They put on a display that was as good as the Red Arrows. The vertical hold just hanging from the propeller followed by a stall that looked like a leaf fluttering down was amazing. It lasted about 20 minutes and was truly fantastic. What a super surprise.

I had a look at the internet to see if I could find out who they were and found them to be The Blades Aerobatic team and all the pilots were ex Red Arrows so it's no surprise then that they were so good.

http://www.theblades.com/

RotaryBri

1976 NSU Ro80
exbmc

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Blades Reply with quote

I have seen the blades a couple of times, when i have been down at Sywell, their base Nr Northampton. I have not seen the full routine, but they take off and practice it in parts. The aircraft are Extra 300's i think, and they take passengers on some of the displays. Mostly people on corporate jolly's, but i understand that if you can raise £2000 sponsorship, for the RAF benevolent fund, you and your sickbag can ride in the full four ship display. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: