classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Lincoln Parts Wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Lincoln Parts Wanted. Reply with quote

Does anyone have any suggestions as to parts sources for my Lincoln?

Bakers, Classique, Goldmans dont have what I want, and Lincoln Parts International wont ship here..... Evil or Very Mad Are there any more that I havent tried???

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UJ, realising i'm on the right side of the pond for that car, can you give me specifics for your needs? being a Ford fanatic, i might be able to locate what you require. we also have a British customer who does transAtlantic shipping, Neal Brothers Inc; who might be able to ship for us.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi reb, the main parts that I am looking for at present are the body bushings (though I do have an idea how to solve this, thanks to another forum member) and the 'wipers' to the side windows, the horizontal ones that fit at the bottom of the glass, top of the door metal.

You've probably seen the car, theres a photo of it in the 'your restorations' section, but if you havent, its a 1970 Lincoln Continental Coupe, the 'big' one not a Mark III.

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UJ, I will keep my eyes open for such. not many coupes like yours on THIS side of the pond either!
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reb, I'll appreciate you looking out for parts. I'm in no panic for them, i know that I will need others as I get along.

If I tell you that it has got sequentials, would you say that it is an even rarer car?

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sequentials were standard fare for Lincolns; i'm also sorry to say i've been unable so far to locate a coupe like yours. something will turn up sooner or later; big Lincolns are making a (big) comeback these days. i've had several connies, two were clap-door models.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reb, you are the first person that I have met since I bought the Lincoln that knew that! Congratulations! Very Happy Very Happy

Now then, do you know how many on each side?

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh, errr, noooo... thinking three if memory serves... which it seldom does! the Lincolns i've had were such great riding cars; lots of go, too!
can't afford the petrol nowadays for them thirsty 460 and 462 engines... but i am replacing the 390 in my Galaxie this weekend. seems the one i put in last year wasn't as good as once thought. lots of tappet noise and a little deep rumble. better to replace it BEFORE it's completely knackered. actually got WAY too much to do this weekend; replace master cylinder on '52 plymouth, swap engines in '59; repair electrical problem in my MustangII... and all this AFTER doing shift at dealership until 2:00pm today. it's ME that's going to be knackered come Monday...
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one side in all its glory:

How many is that?

Incidentally, to help finance my 300, I sold just the engine for your Galaxie...a 427....

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D@#n FILTER... sorry, UJ, checking from work and bloody SITE filters keep me from seeing some pics. will check again from home!

427, eh? while i'd be proud as punch to have one, they're too temperamental for everyday street use.... 428 has better crank longevity and all-around usefulness (unless of course your only need is to go as fast as possible for 12 seconds at a time!). 390 will do me just fine...
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have a tendency to agree with you on that point. i do think that the 390 is more practical for the street.

Personally, I wouldnt mind a 406.....

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW you're talking... three deuces and a four speed... preferably mounted in a white 1961 Ford Galaxie Starliner....red interior.. torquethrust mags... open exhausts.... ooooh now i hafta go change me knickers
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a quaint old American expression that describes that car....YEEEEE HAAAAAH....

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a breakers' back home in Virginia run by a old gent, now passed away, that had hundreds of old cars in it, nothing newer than early '70's, and a small section of ex-pat British cars too! most were organized by make, then by era if not year, and there were several old Mercurys that had 410 fe's in them..... a long row of Pontiacs with 389's and i KNOW a couple of 421's... dozens of RB Chryslers. when the old gent died, his family crushed the lot. 80+ acres worth.... i suppose a block of cookie-cutter single family homes went in soon after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: