classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Jaguar MKI body restoration process
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Rclassic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Jaguar MKI body restoration process Reply with quote

I want to show you Jaguar MKI body restoration process

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for re-posting the pictures.

In case anyone wonders, early this a.m. I clicked to delete someone's duplicate posts in the original thread, but in my pre-awake, heavily dozed state, I deleted the thread instead, doh Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is clever stuff. How long did it take?
Rclassic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Nutter wrote:
That is clever stuff. How long did it take?

Whole work has taken around 200 hours Smile
Rclassic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Thanks for re-posting the pictures.

In case anyone wonders, early this a.m. I clicked to delete someone's duplicate posts in the original thread, but in my pre-awake, heavily dozed state, I deleted the thread instead, doh Smile

RJ

You are wellcome Smile Smile Smile
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see we have cleared up the confusion over the model of car you have been restoring.

It started off as a blog about a friends Jaguar MK11 but now it is the correct description of a Jaguar MK1.

As a business that restores vehicles and has a website advertised on this forum,I thought you would have known exactly the make and model of car you were about to carry work on.

I would hate to give my Humber Sceptre MK1 to a restorer who thought it was a MK11.

G.F
Richard H

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent work indeed. Very neat Very Happy
D4B

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some amazing metal fabrication skills - nice job Cool
Rclassic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gresham flyer wrote:
I see we have cleared up the confusion over the model of car you have been restoring.

It started off as a blog about a friends Jaguar MK11 but now it is the correct description of a Jaguar MK1.

As a business that restores vehicles and has a website advertised on this forum,I thought you would have known exactly the make and model of car you were about to carry work on.

I would hate to give my Humber Sceptre MK1 to a restorer who thought it was a MK11.

G.F

As I stated in the previous post this was named by MKII not by me, but by my client. He has also told that originally it was on the base of MKII with some parts changed by previous owner.
From good quality bodywork perspective it doesn't matter how do you call your car. If you want to make a tank on the basis of Mercedes from metal sheet I can also do this Very Happy
If you would prefer to have a business with company who knows better catalogue name rather than has high quality of metal or paint work it is still your choice.
By the way, I've made Humber couple of years ago. Kill me, but I don't remember it's full name. Very Happy Customer was quite happy with quality of works done and it is the best valuation for me.
The classics world are huge and I don't think that somebody knows all names of all classics
colwyn500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rclassic, I would be happy to entrust you with bodywork repairs on any car I owned. It's nonsense for anyone to suggest that you shouldn't really restore cars when you don't know the model or mark. You are replacing steel accurate and true to the original. Your careful measurement and fabrication looks better than any pattern panel that could be bought.
I don't understand how anyone can cast such doubt on your qualifications for what you do Confused
colwyn500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by colwyn500 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let colwyn500 delete his own duplicate post this time Wink

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Rclassic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colwyn500 wrote:
Rclassic, I would be happy to entrust you with bodywork repairs on any car I owned. It's nonsense for anyone to suggest that you shouldn't really restore cars when you don't know the model or mark. You are replacing steel accurate and true to the original. Your careful measurement and fabrication looks better than any pattern panel that could be bought.
I don't understand how anyone can cast such doubt on your qualifications for what you do Confused

I really appreciate your evaluation. Thank you. If I'll be able to help you with any restoration I will be happy to do so
D4B

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rclassic wrote:
colwyn500 wrote:

I really appreciate your evaluation. Thank you. If I'll be able to help you with any restoration I will be happy to do so

I agree with Colwyn500, point well made... Rclassic you are welcome to finish my current project ~ as long as you don't need any money ~ I will happily pop over regularly to watch, learn and make the tea. I will even bring the biscuits. Wink
Rclassic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D4B wrote:
Rclassic wrote:
colwyn500 wrote:

I agree with Colwyn500, point well made... Rclassic you are welcome to finish my current project ~ as long as you don't need any money ~ I will happily pop over regularly to watch, learn and make the tea. I will even bring the biscuits. Wink

Advise is always for free Smile If you'll bring me some tea with biscuit for it you are more than welcome Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: