classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Minic motorways
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
gillberry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Minic motorways Reply with quote

Hi all , just bought a Humber super snipe and caravan made for minic motorways and was surprised how good they are . We are now toying with further expense but before we do does anyone have any recolections or knowledge of these ?
RUSTON

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a small set back in the 60's, the car was an Austin A40 and there was a Bedford TK truck as well. Where it went to I have not a clue!

Pete.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have some track for this system, and maybe some cars & controllers too ?

havent been in the shed for a few years, but it all might still be there.
alec.elliot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Minic Motorways Reply with quote

I have a fairly large collection of Minic Motorways (+50 cars and load of track, buildings, etc) and think its brilliant. Its good on its own but as it integrates with 00 gauge train layouts it was way ahead of its time.

You can still pick up bits and pieces for your collection at modest prices. The track rubber shrinks and splits so the conductors collapse and the cars wont go round but new track rubber is available as are brushes for the old and new style motors and other bits and pieces.

I have reconditioned a small circuit and can get a variety of cars, trucks and buses running round at my command. Just the job.

Alec
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: