classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

wheel Restoration
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
MikeG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have decided to put the wheel referb on hold. The latest budget price was between £150 & £175 a wheel and if new Rims required Pos £250.

At this moment in time I have loads of work to do restoring our family car which has been laid up for over 40 years.

Money will be taken up on bits that I cannot do myself ie Engine machineing,upholstery ect

Thanks for advice and help, I will come back to Wheels, and possibley have a go on one myself.

Mike
Rosco663

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidday Mike,

I have been through the whole process of evaluating whether or not to send out for refurbishmant or do the rebuild myself. In the end decided to do them myself and as others above have commented, you don't require advanced skills just the perseverence that is required.

Checkout the following thread which I am sure will help Very Happy

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13038&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

http://www.central-wheel.co.uk/spokes/spokes.html

Cheers
MikeG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rossco,

I had seen your posts before. They give me the idea that Do It Myself was possible. You also started me on the Rust removal program, which following Daves post, I have used Milk Stone Remover and had good results.

Cheers
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: