classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My Old Vitesse Mk1 Pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
vitesse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: My Old Vitesse Mk1 Pictures Reply with quote

I found some old pictures of my old Vitesse Mk1 2ltr Straight Six today on my other PC. I sold it a few years back because it had a habit of scaring the life out of you at times. It had a mind of its own at the back end even though it was fitted with a swing spring. Sounded lovely though and was a good looker. Not for the purists if you look at the Stainless Steel exhaust in the second picture or the K&N's.

Parked with mates Sunbeam Alpine.

Ellis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed!

Great car the Vitesse. I searched in vain for a late (early 1970s) convertible in the early eighties and failed. I was beaten to the good ones every time.

There was a particularly nice one, not a convertible though, in our local classic car show 2011.

[]

I was talking with the owner of an early 1600cc 6 cylinder this summer. It was a two tone yellow and white being perhaps unusual these days as it was a standard, non overdrive model. Many have retrospectively converted to an o/d gearbox, I believe.

The owner told me that he intended to leave as standard in order to keep it original but admitted it was very low geared without the o/d.[/img]

1964 Jaguar Mark 2 3.4 litre
1962 Land Rover Series 2a 88"
2002 BMW M3 E46 Cabriolet
vitesse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep they were a bit under geared. I was lucky my one had overdrive it made such a difference when on longer drives.

As you said the MKII's were more sought after and pricey to get a good one. Apart a different grill and a few bits of trim they sorted out the rear suspension and gave it a bit more power.
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just acquired today a Triumph Vitesse MK 11 convertible.

Finished in Signal red with a black interior.

A very original rust free example.. it had been stored away in a private collection for years to survive.

We went for a 60 mile drive this evening to give it a good road test.

G.F
Jaguars.
Rootes Cars.
MG.
Etc.

Viking Fibreline Caravan.
Cheltenham Sable
Shorts Built Vintage Caravan 1936.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: