classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

VW T2 Campervan accelerator cable problem!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
1stpop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: VW T2 Campervan accelerator cable problem!! Reply with quote

The accelerator cable has broken and in removing it the flexible tube that goes to the firewall/fan housing fell off. Can anyone tell me where this fits back - locates (I know its above the transmission somewhere - also how far does it go through the firewall? Is there also a correct way round for the tube?? Been at at hours!!!!
D4B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help you?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=480657
1stpop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - great help - took it all off again and think I've got it right this time (I hope!).

Ordered a new spring for the carb as well as it doesn't seem to want to pull the cable tight? Maybe a kink in the cable from all the problems I had?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: