classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1976 IranNational Paykan restoration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Paykan

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - Nottingham wrote:
Always liked the Rootes Arrows and have ahad a number - and I thought the Scottish pressed steel bodies rusted

Very nice to see the later versions though

hi phil... yes, i like arrows body style too.
do you have a arrow now?
in my country (iran) we can find unRusted paykans yet..

-----------------------------------------------------------

hi.
last coloredCoat sppraied, and its ready for final Painting and ClearCoat.

3 days ago :

Paintman near my car:

hohocc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Repair panels Reply with quote

I notice you have used a number of repair panels eg splashguard head and floor sections. Are these commercially available or have you made these yourself? Would be very interested in where these came from.
Thanks.
Paykan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair panels Reply with quote

hohocc wrote:
I notice you have used a number of repair panels eg splashguard head and floor sections. Are these commercially available or have you made these yourself? Would be very interested in where these came from.
Thanks.

Hello dear friend ... in Iran, Paykan was a public car in many years.
so Due to the large number of paykans in iran, a lot of pieces(eg splash Guard head, floor and other) is generated by the Iranins factory over the years.

------------------------------

hello to all.
photos of last step before painting :

and final color, and clearCoat spprayed :

paintShop outdoor :

paintshop's bodyMan:

bob2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
what engines do the paykans have, locally built ones or same as rootes cars?
Paykan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
Nice!
what engines do the paykans have, locally built ones or same as rootes cars?

hi bob.
its my little infos :

Paykans had some various engines:

-original 1500cc rootes (about 1967 and 1968)
-original 1725cc rootes , engine block Diecasted by england (about 1968 to 1971)
-same original 1725cc rootes , but only engine block Diecasted by France (about 1971 to 1980) !!
-Hillman Avenger 1600cc rootes, just engine block Diecasted by Iran, but it seems engine parts made by england (about 1975 to 1989)
-Peugeot 504 engine (about 1990 to 1993)
-based on Hillman Avenger 1600cc rootes, but all of engine parts made by iran (about 1993 to 2002)
-based on hillman Avenger 1600cc rootes Injected (from 2001 to now)

is your car engine diecasted by england? or another country?
its so amazing that 1971 to 1980 Paykans engine block diecasted by france!!! really I do not know what's the reason?
bob2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets a bit strange when searching for parts with all the different configurations throughout the years!!!
Mine is all english and Rootes, it was built in malta but from a ckd (complete knocked down) kit shipped from England. It was just put together here to save on shipping costs and create work here at the time!
hohocc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paykan,
Thanks for your responses.
Are the repair panels that have been produced by the Iranian factory available online, or are they parts that you have to source from within your country?
I have a 1972 Hillman Hunter, it was bought new by my parents so I'm only the second owner. It needs some work done in the near future as it's starting to show its age in the usual places, and your pictures of repair panels look like just the parts that I am likely to need! Some areas of the car appear to be relatively straightforward to fabricate, for example the sills, but repairs around the headlights would be far easier if panels could be bought.
If you are able to provide any info on finding those repair sections I'd be very interested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Thanks.
Paykan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
It gets a bit strange when searching for parts with all the different configurations throughout the years!!!
Mine is all english and Rootes, it was built in malta but from a ckd (complete knocked down) kit shipped from England. It was just put together here to save on shipping costs and create work here at the time!

its ok! we find 1600cc Avenger parts quickly, 1725cc parts A little harder, and others hardly.
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a number of Arrows in the 80/90's - first was a rusty banger Hillman GLS without its Holbay engine though. Then a nice 1973 Sceptre auto and a 1972 Hillman 1500 DL.

Always thought they were better made than Cortina's Marina's and even the Avenger
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Paykan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hohocc wrote:
Hi Paykan,
Thanks for your responses.
Are the repair panels that have been produced by the Iranian factory available online, or are they parts that you have to source from within your country?
I have a 1972 Hillman Hunter, it was bought new by my parents so I'm only the second owner. It needs some work done in the near future as it's starting to show its age in the usual places, and your pictures of repair panels look like just the parts that I am likely to need! Some areas of the car appear to be relatively straightforward to fabricate, for example the sills, but repairs around the headlights would be far easier if panels could be bought.
If you are able to provide any info on finding those repair sections I'd be very interested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Thanks.

hi hohocc, sorry for delay in responding.
Most of repair panels only will find in Iran (such head of front splash guard)

I am glad that you are decide to rebuilding your car.
so if you need these panels, i can get these from my country.
these are not expensive, but these are a bit rare.
if you need, im ready to help you for your hunter restoration project.
i will show you that what panels are available in my country.
thanks

Phil - Nottingham wrote:
We had a number of Arrows in the 80/90's - first was a rusty banger Hillman GLS without its Holbay engine though. Then a nice 1973 Sceptre auto and a 1972 Hillman 1500 DL.

Always thought they were better made than Cortina's Marina's and even the Avenger

exactly mr phil.
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Humber Sceptre we had in 1994 - we still have the Mini Traveler and a Rover P5B amongst others
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: