classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Engine colour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
34HF90

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Engine colour Reply with quote

This may be a rather obscure subject but maybe there is someone out there who knows about these things....

I have just bought a MK4 Zodiac engine- a 3 litre essex- from eBay. It actually has turned out to be in much better condition externally than I had assumed from the photos, and only has a superficial layer of grime with no oil leaks of any significance. The rear core plugs actually look new, although the incorrect hose clips etc around and about suggest that it has been transplanted from somewhere.

The main thing is that the block and heads are painted a dark-ish shade of green, with the rocker covers being red. This all looks like a sprayed finish- not put on by a brush.
Now, I had read that period (1970's/80's) genuine ford rebuilt engines were painted like this.
Does anyone know if this is correct?

-Martin
34HF90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

Well, it turns out that this colour combination was indeed the mark of Genuine Ford replacement units from way back. So, I'm happy! Very Happy

Next question will involve something less obscure hopefully Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: