classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Unrestored Rover P6b
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
ghce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Unrestored Rover P6b Reply with quote

As I just joined I thought I would share some pics of my Rover, duly noting the demise of the Rover section I think it appropriate to share.

Rovers as a Marque seem to be enjoying a resurgence in active restoration and ownership not to mention rapidly elevating prices, this in particular to the P6.

My car has never been restored however it has been maintained its entire life and consequently no restoration is needed, indeed the car is pretty much like new for the most part except for exterior paint and the odd panel defect caused by my self Embarassed
I originally purchased the car in 1987 in like new condition then sold it to a neighbor about 3 or 4 years later only to repurchase it again a couple of years later in slightly degraded panel condition and some UV damage to dash and upholstery tops of rear seats. Other than his brief ownership the car had always been garaged. All of the wear I remeadiated back to where it had been except the paint and odd panel mark.
The car has a few upgrades to keep it up to modern car standards such as fueling and steering and suspension.
The car is in regular use and like most NZ rovers (and cars in general) has NO rust.

Graeme
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the photos! So there are quite a few P6s preserved over in NZ?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
ghce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, there are a lot of them still about, as they are so well built and rust is not an issue.
The V8's dominate as they are such a reliable engine with all the parts readily available unlike the 4 pots.

Graeme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: