classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How To Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy Policy     F/book facebook.com/oldclassiccar

Why havent i any winscreen washer set up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Rootes Group & Original Companies (Hillman, Humber, Singer, Sunbeam, Commer etc)
peterwpg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interpretation of the slightly vague requirement for washers relates to what is fitted.

If washers are fitted, or were fitted, then they must work and work correctly. If they were original equipment then they must be present and work. If they were fitted as an accessory, then they must work correctly.

Opening windshields, are the only reason that having no wipers is acceptable. If there are no wipers fitted as original equipment, then there would not have been washers.
D4B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1961 Peugeot van never had screen washers from new, and still didn't when I restored it, my MOT station (rightly or wrongly)
said as it never had them it doesn't need them now so it still doesn't have any..... it's a dilemma for the new owner now Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Rootes Group & Original Companies (Hillman, Humber, Singer, Sunbeam, Commer etc) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: