classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Humber Scepter Mk 1 wiring diagram change dynamo/alternator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
anivred

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Humber Scepter Mk 1 wiring diagram change dynamo/alternator Reply with quote

I have a 1963 Humber Sceptre Mk 1 which has been changed from Dynamo to Alternator, but there appears to be a lot of cables and the old regulator box still in place with connections attached. Do you know where I can get a wiring Diagram to sort this out Rolling Eyes Question
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might do better posted in the electrical section of the forum, I've only just found it and I'm surprised one of our electrical gurus hasn't replied yet.

I can't help on the wiring diagram other than to suggest keeping an eye on fleabay for an old Haynes manual or similar, but I wonder if the old control box is actually doing anything. Some people rip out the internals and link the terminals on the inside, either because they can't be bothered to do a proper wiring job alongside fitting the alternator or so that it "looks original", at least that part of it does..!

Another point worth checking is that some alternators do have external regulators, could it be one of these? I think it's mostly the early ones, but to my certain knowledge external regulators were still being fitted to some cars into the 1980's.
47Jag

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that I had replied to this post already but obviously it didn't reach the forum. I probably didn't hit SUBMIT Embarassed

I asked how many terminals there were on the alternator. You could possibly use the original wiring with a slight bit of modification.

Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: