classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Thomson Glen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Fumar2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Thomson Glen Reply with quote

I'm new to the forum so firstly I liked to say hello to all. I've inherited a 1970 Thomson Glen the Caravan and Chasis is in a pretty good condition, good rub down and paint will get it shipshape, but the Aframe is shot. I have a welder who can replace A frame was just wondering if anyone knew of someone in the Fareham,Portsmouth,Southampton area who could refurbish the original B&B tow hitch/handbrake/jockey wheel gubbins lump (if I can ever shift the bolts on the bugger!). Any advice would be grateful received. Many thanks. Stuart.
christine lowery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google Thomson caravans there is a lot of info on the Thomson web site and there is a great facebook site as well
The B&B hitch is straight forward springs are still around as are dampers all on ebay usualy a good clean and oil will get you away
christine Smile
Fumar2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Since posting I have been coating hitch bits and bobs in penetrating fluids and such so shall see how things go. Smile
christine lowery

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your Thomson will have a B&B beta hitch the handle on the hitch will move up and down when the side locking clip is opened the head unit has a tounge inside the ball of the hitch and it is that witch hold the caravan onto a tow ball
to dismantle the unit remove the through bolt under the handle and the unit will come apart there are 3 springs in the head unit its easy when you know what your doing Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: