classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New Member Introduction/Hello
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: New Member Introduction/Hello Reply with quote

Hi, long time lurker and freshly anointed member here.

Just a short note to introduce myself and my collection-not bragging, just proud...and definitely not a Motor Trader, in spite of the number!

I remember seeing a post somewhere saying that it's good form to introduce oneself together with a list of projects/vehicles owned-if I've placed this in the wrong place, kindly be gentle with my noobness!
[list off the top of my head]

2xTriumph Roadsters

4xFerrari 456
2xFerrari 430 Stradale
1xFerrari 330

lots of MGBs and MGCs, something like a dozen or so, not too sure...
3xMGFs for when I fancy looking like a hairdresser

2xRange Rover P38s
1xRange Rover Classic

1xTR7 (yes, somewhat out of place, but it's probably the only nice wedge-shaped car out of all those Bertone-styled horrors that look like X-19s)

3xMazda RX7s (just so I can say [edit: Mr W] as frequently as possible)
an RX8 (Renesis engine, probably the best iteration of a [edit: Mr W] without being a double/triple/quad rotor, each of which are only race versions)

3xMitsubishi FTOs (future classic and heavily undervalued-c.£300-£800!)

Lexus/Toyota Soarer (another future classic undervalued by the current market, you can get pristine examples for c.£1,000-£2,000 if careful)

a 1973 JCB (well, it's a classic, isn't it?!)

1xMerc SLK (practical, kinda, and solely for racking up the mileage due to restrictive mileage covenants that insurers place on decent cars)

2xDaimler Dart SP250s (aka the Ugly Duckling)

er, that's all I can remember currently. I know there are more, just can't currently recall. Many cars have been adapted for track use (I take part in classic car races all over Europe) and those which seem mundane in the above list are usually a bit more than the common model:- eg the only MGBGT which has a factory-fitted electric sunroof, according to the MGOC [it used to belong to the wife of one of the Directors of BL during the Communist days].

Like I said, not a trader, just a bit of a sad-sack that likes old cars...as long as they are British or Italian-basically anything styled by Pininfarina or otherwise unusual in some way or another.

Anyway, that's me. Look forward to future conversations with my fellow oil-stained travellers.

Post-Script: I just noticed that the forum automatically filtered out the name of the Rotary engine's inventor, Herr Felix W, because it contains a naughty word - haha! Shame, it's half the point of having them!
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard - it'd be good to see a few threads for your vehicles, if you get chance sometime Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
scott_budds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice range of things...funnily enough the TR7 is now a interesting thing.

Buddsy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: TR7s as objects of interest Reply with quote

Yes, I'm not a huge fan of wedge-shaped cars but I quite like the TR7 these days. Odd how it's grown on me, other than the pop-up lights. Pop-ups are so passe.

When I was younger, I wanted to get a Fiat X-19 for some unfathomable reason but was wisely talked out of it for a first car by my father. I then made something of an erroneous alternative decision by getting a Suzuki SJ410 for a first car (the one that falls over if you go round a corner).

It got stolen after I'd had it for about a year. The thieves went around a 90-degree right hander, then tried to go round another 90-degree right hander. It was the sound of the thing falling over at the second attempt which alerted me to the theft!

I replaced it with another SJ, a 413 this time, which promptly fell over on a 90-degree left hander. I made the grave error of using engine braking from a downshift, in the rain. It did not go well.

Anyway, looking at the TR7 I think I shall probably divest myself of it soon but I can't imagine that they're terribly valuable these days. Can't say that it's been actually been used for maybe 3 years or so, either...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: