classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Oops !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
imperial21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Oops ! Reply with quote

What a day, it started good i was up early and changed the glove box and lower parcel tray on my Super minx, I was tightening up the bolt for the glove box and just pinched a live wire so i got a couple of sparks ! I put some tape over the damaged wire and thought no more of it. Later on i go out with my car and go a couple hundred wires and the car fills with smoke !
I quickly disconnect the battery, I then assess the damage, I remove all that i have fitted, and i see a thick brown wire that goes from the starter solenoid to the dash ammeter then dynamo box, so that wasnt too bad but i have also noticed a blue and white wire to the ignition switch has some damaged, it had some wire coming off it i think originally for a radio but hadnt been made so i think that has caused that wire to be damaged too.
I guess i will have to take the dash out check the looms condition.
I think i have been lucky but i am gutted !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: