classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

trip counter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
badhuis

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: trip counter Reply with quote

In my Imp I used a small plastic thingy where you could set the mileage. The Imp did not have a trip counter as standard and I used it to set it when the fuel tank was filled up as the gauge was not always that reliable...

In my Jaguar I use the trip counter much because I run the car on LPG. I have no gauge for how much LPG is left, so I reset the trip counter to zero and knows when it reaches 150 miles I have to refuel.

But now, yesterday, the trip counter has broken - it adds up from 0.0 to 0.9 but the next wheel does not turn. This is the only thing in the speedometer that does not work. OK - I have to make it apart to see what caused it and repair it but in the mean time I though it would be a good idea to use one of those plastic things.

But the problem is I do not know how they are called, and where can I get one? I found one, but it is in the USA and they want $35 excl shipping for it. A bit much I think.
I know I bought one new for my Imp in a car accessoiry shop back in the eary eighties but I do not think they still sell them.

Anyone knows where to buy one or maybe someone has one and will sell to me?

Penman

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Mini Post Its and a pen or pencil. Cool

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
ka

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy a stitch counter that fits around knitting needles try this.

Better three than four.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: