classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Question please for any Motorhome owners
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
D4B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Question please for any Motorhome owners Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry not really Classic Car related, apart from the fact my friend owns a 1959 Peugeot van.....

Friends from France wish to visit UK next year, in their Peugeot Boxer Motorhome, and have asked me to find out if there are places to stop "en Route" as they journey north from Portsmouth.....

In France many towns have hard standing areas with electrical hook ups and other facilities where motorhomes can stop overnight, so they are wondering if there is anything similar in UK?

Many Thanks any advice on where to find info very welcome.

Steve.
emmerson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Question please for any Motorhome owners Reply with quote

D4B wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry not really Classic Car related, apart from the fact my friend owns a 1959 Peugeot van.....

Friends from France wish to visit UK next year, in their Peugeot Boxer Motorhome, and have asked me to find out if there are places to stop "en Route" as they journey north from Portsmouth.....

In France many towns have hard standing areas with electrical hook ups and other facilities where motorhomes can stop overnight, so they are wondering if there is anything similar in UK?

Many Thanks any advice on where to find info very welcome.

Steve.

Not really, Steve, as "wild" camping is frowned upon in England.There is nothing physically stopping your friend parking up anywhere for the night, but he takes the rick of police moving him on. France, as you say, is much more camper van friendly, but not so with caravans.
I'd suggest your friend buys a UK campsite guide and pick out sites near his route.
D4B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Emmerson, I will send him the guide book so he can start making plans!
BigJohn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking here

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

and near the bottom of here,

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes
Peter_L

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throughout North America and Canada, Walmart allow RV's and the like to park up overnight. Some other stores and cities also allow "overnight parking" but it is on a place by place basis as there are a lot of areas, including interstate rest stops that don't allow it and honestly in this day and age I would not be comfortable doing the "wild camping/caravanning/RV'ing that I did in the 60's to 80's.
D4B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: