classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Wanted - Exhaust Manifold Super Minx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
CWhaley1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Wanted - Exhaust Manifold Super Minx Reply with quote

Hi all - I am after a cast iron Exhaust Manifold for 1965 Super Minx (1592cc). I'm not sure if other Rootes group cars have the same manifold, so potentially there could be a few models I could take form.

To give a background I discovered it was impossible to put new studs onto the manifold after replacing the gasket on the exhaust manifold flange. The old ones were barely on either so they needed replacing.

If anybody has any leads, please let me know. Thank you.[/quote]
47Jag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not just get the studs replaced. If you don't have access to oxy/acetaline you should ask your local machine shop if they could drill out and re-tap the manifold. It sounds like the manifold is save-able.

Art
CWhaley1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're spot on there and I do have replacement studs but unfortunately the places I've phoned in Derby so far have steered clear telling me things like "we only touch aluminium ones" or "we don't have the right tools for one that old" - amazing given Derby is the home of Rolls Royce...

I've found one engineer who sounds positive however, so I'm dropping off on Saturday.

The manifold itself isn't cracked or corroded, so I'm hoping they have your view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: