classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Crypton Engine analyser for free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Crypton Engine analyser for free Reply with quote

Having a brutal clear out and need to get rid of a Crypton Engine Diagnostic machine. The things are just the business when you need to diagnose engine faults or just check the state of things.

The unit is a Crypton 350 I don’t want anything for it if it’s going to an established member on this forum, I will include the following manuals;

Unit operating instructions
Crypton Corrective service (guide to electrical & Mechanical faultfinding)
Crypton Training notes on using an engine analyser.

The above are very clear and well illustrated. (They may be colour copies as I want to keep one myself).
I will also show you how to connect up to a vehicle to do the various tests.

What can you do with one of these units?
The fault finding manual takes you through the logical sequence of test from simple battery and coil voltage’s with and with out cranking and has clear illustrations of both correct and incorrect readings and scope patterns, with diagnostic for the faulty ones.
You can look at the ignition Low Tension scope patterns to identify condenser, coil points faults.
Measure the dwell on each cylinder to identify distributor faults, bent / worn shafts worn distributor base plates etc, and to also set the points accurately.

Secondary circuit tests will identify the voltage each plug is firing at , the maximum voltage the ignition system will deliver, which enables diagnostics of incorrect fuel mixture, coil output, correct increase in HT with acceleration, incorrect plug gap, faulty leads, car balance, faulty plugs, cylinder balance, all the stuff that takes a while to do with other methods, or is a bit hit and miss.

Ignition timing, these things have the brightest timing lamps you will ever come across.

This unit also has various vacuum and pressure gauges for cylinder compression, vacuum etc but will need the rubber pipes replacing as they are perished.

There is also a exhaust gas analyser but is faulty, also I managed to bend the boom when I transported it a couple of years ago, doesn’t affect the operation, but could do with straightening.

It has all the normal, volt meters, RPM meters, temperature meter with probe ( to measure oil temp via the dipstick aperture) OHM meters, all the leads are with it.

All free but you will have to collect from Nantwich. Below is a pic of the actual unit.

Cheers
woljags

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where about are you in the country
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says Nantwich - too far for me
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , this one has gone now, I have another a 332 (which I need to test) if anyone is interested.

Dave
BigHealey

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave is this other one still available? If so do you have any pics?
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its gone, but they come up on eBay all the time, I bought one for a mate a couple of months ago for £25 and it had a built in CO2 tester! If you do get one and it dosn't have any instructions give me a shout as I have manuals for most models and the training guides, so I can scan you a copy.

Dave
dlamb1508

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I'm looking for a operating or service manual for a crypton 87 co tester.
I was trying to repair one but don't have any info on it.
Thanks in advance
Duncan
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlamb1508 wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I'm looking for a operating or service manual for a crypton 87 co tester.
I was trying to repair one but don't have any info on it.
Thanks in advance
Duncan

Hi Duncan, pls note t&cs re adverts: http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17322

thanks, R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: