classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Austin j4 campervan for sale - weston super mare -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
moggiebird

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Austin j4 campervan for sale - weston super mare - Reply with quote

Just returned from a trip to weston where we found a lovely little austin j4 campervan (1971) - sadly it has seen better days and it would probably only be any use for spares as it seems to be supported by rust and silicone - which the owner claims is an attempt to preserve it - he has also given it a lovely coat of gloss to prevent any further deterioration (any further deterioration and you would need a bucket!) The engine apparantly turns and does look good (unless he's filled it with silicone to preserve it!)- the interior has been stripped and the kitchen is in a shed somewhere - there are no side doors on this model - just the rears - he advertised it for 500 - but told me 350 - he did seem to think it was a do-able winter project - but I very much doubt its at all salvagable - he was a bit um, shall we say optimistic about the vans potential. We reassured him it really wasn't - it probably has to be seen to be beleived but the side panels have had it - I couldn't see anyone ressurecting it as a camper - but as a rolling shell - or possibly a pick up conversion - it could be useful - It's no use to me - as I have plans for the next 5 years but I did take loads of pictures if you want me to email them - the guys number is 07787574916 - and he'd probably sell it for 100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: