classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

In what did you start your motoring story?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Bengt Axel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age 19 in 1986 after my fifth motorcycle accident (!) my father insisted on lending me the 300 quid to buy a Citroen 2CV6 off a friend of his (he is generous like that .....)

He didn't tell me that someone had put normal brake fluid in it instead of mineral so the brakes were totally shot and I spent my Easter break rebuilding them. Anyway, after 2 years joyous ownership I had the last laugh when I sold it to same dad's friend's 'bit on the side' for £350. Still the only time I've made a profit on any vehicle

Fantastic all time triumph of great design and here I mean 'design' in its true sense, not in the false styling sense it gets misused in today. Inexplicably my next car was a 64 Beetle - a triumph of bad design. Why Beetles sold twenty odd million is one of those unfathomable mysteries like Donald Trump, tennis balls being green or the TV career of Paddy McGunniess

Would I have one again?, yes like a shot if I had garage space.

GDJ 326V where are you now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: