classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Why does this happen so often after you've bought something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Ellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Why does this happen so often after you've bought something? Reply with quote

Over the past few weeks I've been called out a number of times to assist an elderly gentleman in the village when his 2001 Rover 45 1.4 K series type petrol has broken down. It either overheats or simply refuses to start.
He's owned it for ten years or more and was quite upset at the thought of parting with it. But needs now must................

I suggested a 2002-2008 type Ford Fiesta, reputed to have been one the best Fiestas made and respected by the motor trade.
We were minutes too late in finding a one owner 2005 50k mileage example for sale on one of the local Facebook sales groups. It was bought unseen by one of the other group members.

Other possibilities included a Nissan Micra, Citroen C3 or a Renault Clio although I didn't share much enthusiasm for the latter and none for a Vauxhall Corsa.
The Rover broke down again last Monday when I was away for the day and I received a phone call later in the evening reporting that he had bought a 56 registered Renault Clio from a part time trader who would dispose of the Rover. The Clio has arrived, quite a nice one, really.

This morning, after I had taken my mother to the Eye Unit she visits monthly she decided to call on an old friend who lives near the hospital.
Her friend was about to take delivery of a near new Kia and her own car, an immaculate 2004 Citroen C3, 46k mileage, one owner car, was parked outside.
The Kia dealer didn't want the C3 in part exchange (too old) and offered her a discount on the Kia which exceeded the C3's value.

She asked me if I knew anybody who would want it.

How much? First with £750.

Why does it always happen?

1964 Jaguar Mark 2 3.4 litre
1962 Land Rover Series 2a 88"
2002 BMW M3 E46 Cabriolet
lowdrag

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wait an hour for a bus and then three come along at once. Life's like that.
BigJohn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowdrag wrote:
You wait an hour for a bus, start to walk, get between two stops, it starts to rain, and then three come along at once. Life's like that.

I've amended that for you Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: