classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

If you found your first car again ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first car (sort of) was a virtually unmarked blue Isetta 300 with chrome bumpers on the front and a white painted luggage rack on the back. I only have memories because I never thought to photograph it. I can't even remember the registration number.(PWC???) I would like to see it again if only to remind myself of how love is blind. At the age of 16, I was smitten!

It was the most unreliable contraption known to man. It would even break down before getting out of the drive! Usually it was something anyone else would regard as terminal but I would persevere against all the odds(against my Dad's advise) to get it going again. I would like to know if it survived but I wouldn't want to go through all that again ...but it made a man of me if nothing else!!
petermeachem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just look in the garage to find my austin ruby i bought in 1971
Keith D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I would not like my first car back as it was wrecked in 1959.

I sold it back to the same wrecker that I bought it from for two pounds ten shillings, half of what I had paid him for it a few months before.

It was a 1936 Morris 18hp sedan. I removed all the mudguards and running boards and painted it bright yellow then drove it around our small farm in Essex. Being still at school I was always broke, so whenever friends came around they had to chip in four and six pence for a gallon of petrol. Then we shared the driving for a frantic hour.

I ended up breaking a rear spring so it went back to the wrecker. Great days!

Keith
1999 BMW Z3
Its weird being the same age as old people.
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: