classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

What are your classic plans for 2019
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
kevin2306

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: What are your classic plans for 2019 Reply with quote

As above, what plans do you have for 2019 (classic car related).
Mine are to sell the Singer in the spring and buy something else, current thoughts are early xj6 or (other side of scale) TR6.

Regards

Kevin
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to take on anything new in particular, just move along a bit further with work already stacked up in front of me Smile Smile It'd be nice to get the jolly green giant out to another of its old haunts too, time just seems to fly by in a blink and before I know it, the events season is over.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Ray White

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on selling the Dodge and possibly the Swallow and (if I can persuade the wife to part with some of her recent inheritance) see if I can buy a Suffolk SS100 replica kit to build myself. These are fabulous cars but eye wateringly expensive.

The other option is to buy a MGTC in reasonably sound condition and restore it to very good if not concours condition. I am not too precious about originality so a supercharger would probably be fitted.
Vulgalour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushing on with the Daily Driver Challenge in the Princess. It's trying my patience at the moment throwing up all manner of irritating problems that are impacting reliability.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plans for the New Year, firstly complete the restoration of my Commer lorry and actually get it out on the road. Its almost there, just some tinkering left to do now and tidying up here and there.
Next, to re-start the restoration of my 1937 Ford 7W now that I have found a correct grill for her.
badhuis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to move on with all the little things that needs to be done on the Jensen and use it a lot more.
Investigate what the source for the oil leak of the TR4 is. Change the softtop and mechanism for one off a TR4a which is much easier to put up.
Get the P6 running, then get a yearly inspection ticket for it. Probably means renewing all brake components and brake lines, and I think the radiator has a leak.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what I have missed, actually driving a classic during the summer. Last year was the first I have not had one on the road in 10-15 years of classic motoring. Getting the lorry on the road will be a huge thing for me, its been under restoration in the shed for 10 years now, only trouble will be is that I can't just take it out like a car!
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulgalour wrote:
Pushing on with the Daily Driver Challenge in the Princess. It's trying my patience at the moment throwing up all manner of irritating problems that are impacting reliability.

Keep going! Eventually you'll get there and you'll wonder why it was ever so unreliable - at the moment you're dealing with years of neglect but it will get better.
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to sort out some alternative storage for the Herald and some of the stuff in the garage so I can sort out improved damp proofing and insulation for the garage at home, maybe fit new doors too.

Longer term I'd like to fit a servo to the hydraulic clutch so I can drive it for longer distances again in ordinary footwear - the clutch isn't overly heavy but the offset pedals have caused some sort of problem with my left foot and ankle that really shows up when driving it. No problem with the modern which has a lighter clutch anyway and in a sensible position so hoping a lighter pedal will help.
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to do a few more miles in the hatch. I'm a bit nervous about using it, about how reliable it will be, but of course the way to improve it is to get some miles on it and let things settle down. And I've got a list of things to do on the Firenza over winter as well.

I was thinking the other day, it's actually now closer to the start of next years show season than it is to my final show in 2018, so I'm over half-way through the winter break and haven't started on any of the "over winter" jobs yet.
OuBallie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually do something, as 2018 has been a complete waste, much to my annoyance.
I don't heal as fast as I once did.

Geoff - Sod this getting old lark!
1967 Morris Minor 2-door
2007 Fiat Doblò MultiJet (It carries the spares etc)
Model Engineering
JohnDale

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what I wanted to do has now been done - gearbox,overdrive,rear axle all oilseals/gaskets replaced & oils changed. New radiator fitted. Still to do - servo is away for overhaul so to refit - New brake shoes to fit to front, rears already done. Just waiting for warmer weather so I can get finished.
Best wishes to all - hope 2019 is good for everyone,cheers,JD.
lowdrag

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell one of my cars and buy something more befitting my age; something I don't have to climb out of and which has a roof! A Magnette is foremost in my thoughts at the moment, but that may well change when I get closer to the time.
Farmer John

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Mk2 Reply with quote

Hi John, gazed at the Zephyr for quite some time. Really nice.

John
old iron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use and improve my newly acquired Bedford CA campervan. Mechanically it seems spot on, cosmetics need a wash and brush-up.
Plan to attend my usual fave steam rallies and shows perhaps adding one or two further from my home patch. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: