classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

How to make it go faster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
alastairq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Central locking? One more thing to go wrong!

Today's view seems to be, complexity is good!

Besides, even garage fitters don't get their hands oily any more..... Smile
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
1935Hillman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that don't see the point of my original question and the reasons behind it I'm not quite sure exactly how to respond without entering into a classic internet forum squabble which generally doesn't occur on this particular site, thankfully. Suffice it to say that it is a question that interests me and I have been pleasantly surprised by the thorough and very helpful responses including those that stray into the philosophical. I will ponder on the subject and who knows, one day I may have the world's fastest Aero Minx for some to admire and others to fail to see the point of.
Ray White

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1935Hillman wrote:
For those that don't see the point of my original question and the reasons behind it I'm not quite sure exactly how to respond without entering into a classic internet forum squabble which generally doesn't occur on this particular site, thankfully. Suffice it to say that it is a question that interests me and I have been pleasantly surprised by the thorough and very helpful responses including those that stray into the philosophical. I will ponder on the subject and who knows, one day I may have the world's fastest Aero Minx for some to admire and others to fail to see the point of.

I for one respect your right to do what you will with your car. It would be great, however, if you could elaborate on why you want the world's fastest Minx. It is more than a little difficult to see the point let alone the reasons behind it if you don't tell us what they are.

Do you, for example, intend to compete with it on the race track? ... or do you intending using the extra power on our overcrowded roads. The speed limit is
still 70 mph in this country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: