classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

guy martins van
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
consul 57

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: guy martins van Reply with quote

just watched the nurnbergring episode last night, great program.
non of this false jepardy, constant swearing, fights, set up damage or breakdowns ect.
how a motoring program should be, the yanks and some brits who make these sorts of progrmas could do with taking note as almost all of their car related programs are best seen and not heard.
i have enjoyed all of his programs, pity him and edd china could not make one together and just do the car mods and repairs like us car nuts want, not pander to the 5 min attention span of most tv veiwers.
the new salvage hunters classic cars programs do not seem to have much to do with the actual cars they buy apart from a few scenes of fixing them up.
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen one or two of his programmes - the Spitfire one, and the Vulcan one. The only problem for me is that I can't bear to listen to him - not his accent, just that he has this way of saying things more than once that sets my teeth on edge. Just a personal view, he's popular enough that obviously not many people share it.

I think I did catch a bit of the programme you're talking about, it was on in the pub before Christmas if it's the same one. That wasn't bad, but they had the sound turned down.
Keith D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Guy Martin's programs very much. At least he talks the talk and has hands that have done a hell of a lot of actual work. He certainly does not come across like a hair dresser with a script.

He was almost moved to tears when he had his ride in the two seater Spitfire.

Keith
1999 BMW Z3
Its weird being the same age as old people.
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
peter scott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEdwards wrote:
The only problem for me is that I can't bear to listen to him

I totally agree! The data rate between my ears and my brain has always been slow and I just can't take-in Martin's gabble.

Peter Shocked
alastairq

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter scott wrote:
MikeEdwards wrote:

I totally agree! The data rate between my ears and my brain has always been slow and I just can't take-in Martin's gabble.

Peter Shocked

All of which I find make him so honest and appealing. I have no issues understanding him at all...
Anybody ever stopped to listen and comprehend what so many of our youth are talking about half the time?
I reckon the vast majority of us are pretty incomprehensible for most of the time.....although I struggle to place his accent...
Autism is a broad church....
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
colwyn500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastairq wrote:
peter scott wrote:
MikeEdwards wrote:

Peter Shocked

All of which I find make him so honest and appealing. I have no issues understanding him at all...
Anybody ever stopped to listen and comprehend what so many of our youth are talking about half the time?
I reckon the vast majority of us are pretty incomprehensible for most of the time.....although I struggle to place his accent...
Autism is a broad church....

I completely agree with Alastair. Guy speaks clear English and comes from Lincolnshire; I speak the same language and come from Lancashire.....he's very easy for me to understand.

He's got mucky nails (unlike most presenters) and although completely fearless of people or machinery, on that episode he proved that he's meticulous and that his success is not simply down to good luck, recklessness or bravado...although he was pretty brave and reckless towards the end... Rolling Eyes Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: