classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Old V5's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rootes75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Old V5's Reply with quote

This has been discussed before but I can't remember the outcome.

I have the old V5 for my 46 ERF lorry and upon checking it comes up on the DVLA vehicle check. So, I don't have to apply via the V765 to get the original registration. Is it as simple as sending off the request for a replacement V5C with the £25 fee to get up to date?
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That way you'll get a new style V5C, and also get to keep the older V5 for the history file. The new V5Cs don't have any previous owner info on them now, so I'd prefer to keep any old logbooks and pay up for a new one, instead of sending the old one away never to see it again. You could take a copy of the old V5 before losing it forever, but it's not the same Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Rootes75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I was thinking Rick. I suppose it still works if my name isnt on the old V5, I can fill in the new owner section.
DM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:
Thats what I was thinking Rick. I suppose it still works if my name isnt on the old V5, I can fill in the new owner section.

It will just take longer, DVLA will try and contact the previous registered owner before issuing a new V5C.

It's possible you will have DVLA arrange inspection of the vehicle.

Even worse is applying for a change of registered keeper when you dont have the V5 in your possesion.

I applied for the V5 for a cyclemotor I bought a couple of years back, turns out there was more than one wearing the same registration number and mine was not what I thought it was. So the DVLA checks are worth doing.

No problems with DVLA over that as they were happy I was not trying to register a vehicle in my name that I did not own.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the previous registered owners are still alive, the lorry at the moment is a chassis and running gear with the original engine stripped in bits for rebuild and very little left of the original cab.

I wonder how that could be inspected? Is it simply that the original engine and chassis numbers match together?
DM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the vehicle has to be close to being complete even if not roadworthy.

file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/FBHVC%20DVLA%20Inspection%20form%20guidance%202014-1.pdf

Although they may do a prelimiary inspection but not issue the V5C untill after you get it back together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: