classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My minis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
bob2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: My minis Reply with quote

First the mini I have known all my life since it was purchased new by my father and served us as daily transport throughout all his life.
Then I took it over and it ended up in bits and pieces Laughing
However a year after it was back on the road looking (in my opinion) nicer (read sexier) than ever!!!
Here r some pics;\

And a photo of it with my dad when it was about a year or 2 old and I was almost a toddler (the mini is exactly a year and one day bigger than myself);

bob2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to include a pic of the engine bay;

Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a real cracker isn't it!! Smile

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
bob2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my other mini a 1977 model retro fitted with Mark 1 parts and painted in mark 1 colours, surf blue with old english white roof.
At present it looks like this first pic but in the future I intend stripping it and repainting it and adding some bits I have bought off ebay and some local breakers and make it look like a 60s rally car!!

When restored about 7 years ago, still fresh from the paint as I put it back together in about 2 weeks!!

Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree with Ricks comments....very nice, a credit to you!
bob2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 6th photo from the top, that brown Mark 1 Morris 1100 belonged to my grandparents and was originally a sort of light blue metallic, than it had a small accident and the whole side (forgot which) had to be resprayed and the colour was changed to tobacco brown (I am told)
I will always regret letting it go cause it was sold in 1998 and it was still very nice looking and (HONESTLY) it had ZERO RUST, even the interior was still almost perfect, only had a tear in the driver's seat!!
My uncle sold it for about Lm75 (equivalent to 120/130 sterlings) Crying or Very sad

I have tried to find it to buy it back but it received a shunt in the front and then sold on and it ended in the hands of a guy whom even police officers had problems tracing!!

My father used to drive it a lot before he got the mini and obviously kept it in immaculate condition!!!
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interior shots of the first mini are great, looks a very nice place to be!
Marksmini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is very nice.
some love and care has gone into that over the years!
bob2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have decided to tackle some bits of the surf blue mini this summer, hopefully engine will be out and the front subframe also and put new parts on (like bushes, ball joints etc) if needed, will definitely change the shocks as I have never changed them and paint the lot including subframe in satin black, engine bay sand it down and repaint in surf blue, paint the engine and put new engine mounts in and paint the whole underside in surf blue. Hopefully I'll also find some time to take the petrol tank out, sand it down and re paint it in satin black, change the rear shocks as well and sand down the booth interior and repaint it in surf blue!!

Both engine bay and booth interior have received a few scrathes and dings during the 7 years its been restored so will refresh them a bit!!
I am being a bit too optimisitic and hoping to do all this in a couple of weeks time!! We'll see when I start how thing will progress though!!
bob2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pics of my minis;

The boot interior of my green mini

And some interior shots of the surf blue one;

bob2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately did not find the time to do the surf blue mini up this summer and definately wont make it!!
The hunter and doing small things in the house has taken most of my free time!!!! Sad
when the hunter is ready I'll have a start on this though!!
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wauw Shocked nice nice -- liki like, I have the same story on my green mini, it was bought brand new by my father in 1978, and given to my mum, and then I started driving it in 1983, but I used it all year Rolling Eyes so after a very short time it was COMPLETELY rusted away (late 70ies iron) Embarassed not a good combination, its had 3 set of wings, 2 set of A panels, both innerwings rebuild, new A pillar corners, 2 front end panels, COMPLETE floor, and crossmember, ALL rearend panels, 2 door skin, new bonnet, and boot, new sills, new rear subframe, complete roof (ABC pillars cut on the middle), 1 right rear wing, and right side of upper rear body end(accident), so the lower part of roof pillars/left rearwing/and middle part of scuttle panel is all you see of the original car Very Happy

Last edited by JC T ONE on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
bob2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEhe you could have bought a brand new bodyshell than!!! Wink
My mini has still got all the metal it left the factory with, only a door skin has been changed due to a slight accident (an a****le reversed into it and drove off)!!

However I had to give it a full respray, because there was a big chip on the bonnet also found in the school's car park like the bump in the door and it also had a bump in the boot (my fault this time, reversed into a mate's car thinking there was'nt any car behind me)
There was no way the sprayer could match up 24 year old paint!!

The surf blue mini had 4 or 5 previous owners and was in need of some urgent tlc!!
I replaced both front floorboards, both a panels, patched the rear floor boards, patched the front wings and had a very big patch in the boot floor where the stepny sits!! For what metal was left in there I was surprised that the stepny hadnt fallen off in the street!!!
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob Very Happy I placed a reply on your other thread also Cool but if you check
http://www.showcars.dk/ you will find out how bad Woodis were Rolling Eyes and you can read the story as it was last year, I have found so much more since then Very Happy and the car is almost finished.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the plate BMC Cool is that a private? where are you in the world? with M on the plate and the background on photos I would guess Monaco? Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: