classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1950's tools for my car?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: 1950's tools for my car? Reply with quote

Hi, as you will see from the picture my Aston has a tool kit attached to the bulkhea which is rather nice but it mostly contains modern tools. I am told the original spanners would have been made by Garringtons and stamped Garringtons, David Brown or Aston Martin. Most of the later have long since been snaffled by collectors but I wondered if anyone has any good links to old tools places where I might enquire about Garringtons tools? Or any other ideas! Wink Cheers Rich...

[/img]
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There is a chance I may have some Garrington spanners, but it would take me a whi,e to look through them all to see if I have still got them, I have got thousands of old spanners in boxes and boxes, drawers, amo tins etc.

What sizes are you after?

I would just say carboots and autojumbles at rallies otherwise.

Cheers

Dave
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, it will probably cost more to post them than if I search at auto jumbles etc. regards sizes - I'd say the same as the 3 x in that tool box Wink but I can't see the sizes and the car is away at the moment so I'll have to wait...
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just perusing this old thread, I've also seen (and bought) Garringtons spanners at carboot sales etc so they shouldn't be too hard to locate. I bought three reasonably big boxes of old tools today (heavy), in amongst them I found manufacturer-stamped spanners for Velocette, BSA, Jaguar, Enfield (bicycle), Ford and Vauxhall/Bedford, so not a bad result really. Also found a neat old Kismet tyre pressure gauge, a long one with built-in filter designed for use on old lorries with the twin rear wheel setups.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am glad I missed them!

But you need to add some pics!

Cheers

Dave
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha, an old thread resurected eh! Well in the end I found 6 Garrington Whit Spanners in great condition on eBay for £5.00 plus about £4 postage the fitted my tool tray perfectly and look the part so I was very pleased with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: