classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Introduction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
James_N

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hi

Thought id introduce myself on here. I was pointed in this direction by Brian M

I own a 1989 Volvo 740GLE Estate and just purchased a 1974 Carlight Caravan.
And im only 22 Very Happy

I did have a Honda Civic Type R but i decided to sell that heap of Junk and go backwards a few decades, so here i am.

I hope to post here often, detailing the delights of partially restoring my carlight caravan over the summer months Smile

So hello Smile

Last edited by James_N on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

Well done for junking the Civic!! you'll fit right in here Very Happy

On the subject of Volvos, I've had quite a few old Amazons, and briefly owned a 760GLE when we moved house. Last week I returned to the fold and bought a '99 V70.

Caravans? well I had a Portafold for a while, and recently had a '49 folding caravan. Er indoors wasn't too enamoured so the '49 has gone to a good home!!

Rick
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Welcome and good to hear someone of simmilar age to me posting! Perhaps I am not as strange as some think!! But I supose we are all crazy if we are into old cars!?!

Cheers

Dave
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my opinions on Volvos, especially the 700 series, after having owned one I'd better not reply to this - oops, I already have! Laughing
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we should all introduce ourselves, makes it easier to relate to the person behind the text!

I'll go next then - here we go.

Born 47 years ago (is it really that long?) I grew up in the industrial north of England, and I have worked in various areas of employment during that time.

A shortened CV would be Salesman, delivery driver, courier, roofer, Breweryworker, Newspaper printer, graphic artist, cartoonist, and professional Doorman/nightclub security.
I've never had a job I didn't hate! (with the possible exception of Doorman) Twisted Evil

I've always liked old cars and motorcycles, dunno why but there it is, and I'm currently working as an Artist including old vehicles in much of my work!

Here's me a couple of months agp working on my old 2cv.

James_N

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a 2CV. my nan bought it for me when i was about 10. The aim was to keep it untill i passed my test. Shame the chassis rotted away before i got chance to drove it. Wish id of kept it now and re-chassis'ed it.

2cv's are worth a fortune now in good condition.

If you ever need any help with parts, Ecas is half a mile from me Very Happy
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaps and chapesses

Inspired by this thread, I've put a shiny new Introductions thread in the top Classic Cars category, it'd be nice if everyone could pop a quick Hello in there!!!

cheerio, Rick
Fearless Frank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: profile Reply with quote

hello everybody, don't suppose i am in the rite forom
but here goes i have only just joint this site.
i live in norfolk, and i am retired now at 70yrs old . i worked down spitlefields mkt 20yrs and finished up h.g.v. driver for the last 14 yrs i now keep canary's and love my classic car a mercedes sl280 1984
been married 46 yrs only wish my car was in the same condition as the wife . well thats about it , glad to be on here

"frank"
Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Fearless! Wink

Quote:
been married 46 yrs only wish my car was in the same condition as the wife
- As long as you tell both of them every morning that you love them then all will be ok. Very Happy

Scotty.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from me too!

Cheers

Dave
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank! Welcome from a fellow East Anglian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: