classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

"The home made car" BP film on Youtube (1960s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few snippets of info about the film:

"The old garage is the BP garage at Bucks Horn Oak now redeveloped, but still a petrol station. The pub in the film is just across the road The Half Way Inn at Alice Holt and the house where the car was rebuilt was in Farnborough."

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Roverron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long time since i saw this, from what I recall he heats up the chassis to straighten it. He hardly gets it hot enough to burn the paint off Laughing
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - I used to regularly watch these "Colour" trade tests in the day time in the mid-late 1960's on BBC 2 (still then on B/w TV!) when not at school as there was only the colour test card the rest of the day and no daytime programs anyway 405 line BBC1 and ATV.

I had completely forgotten about this one until it all came back. It was not shown as often as some as the others - to much brown rust? A 1920's Morris in 1964 is not much different to finding a Rover P5B these days - except that would take a bit more restoration.

Not sure why these short films were produced as only I ever saw them as trade test transmissions not many programs were in colour then at all - surely they were not made just for them?
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: