classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1970s Decals/stickers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: 1970s Decals/stickers Reply with quote

Can anyone advise me where I may get some 1970s stickers, eg Champion, Castrol and Goodyear, that sort of thing. Land Rovers similar to mine took part in military, national and International rallies in the 1970s /early 80s and I am preparing mine in this fashion. A few period stickers would add to the cosmetic side of things.
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: stickers etc Reply with quote

Hi

You could do worse than keep an eye on ebay, with the popularity of vinyl sticker making gear, there are lots of people churning out retro stickers like that!

hth
Rick
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: 1970s stickers Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I'll have a look. My friendly neighbourhood sign man is doing some lettering for me, I'll ask him as well, although he will need pics of the required stickers I suspect
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site here may help..........

http://www.racingdecals.com/
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Stickers/ Decals Reply with quote

Well, what can I say? Thanks, but don't tell them I'll get the decals made up over here!!
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Decals/stickers Reply with quote

......unfortunately my friendly neighbourhood sign man wants about £5 each for smallish stickers/decals. Have to think again!
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Decals/stickers Reply with quote

Called into my local Land Rover dealer today, in a bid to get a couple of Land Rover stickers, the ones they give away to the kiddies, you know what I mean. Well you would think I had called in from another planet, with an equally outlandish request. They suggested some decals at £10 each plus VAT! Yeah, right.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: decals Reply with quote

Ouch that does sound a bit pricey.

You see 'em at car shows in the autojumble sometime for a whole lot less than that, guess it depends how quick you want/need them!

cheers
Rick
www.oldclassiccar.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: