classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Austin 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
classic jenny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Austin 8 Reply with quote

Well it had to be done. After fitting a new battery the old girl started up no problem and she was pining to be driven on the road.What can one say people were running in to get there kids to see the "old" car and smilling and waving at me. Being a novice classic car owner if this is how its going to be im happy Laughing
Richard H

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a great "feel good" factor associated with old cars - in my opinion it's one of the best parts of the hobby Very Happy

Good to see the Eight is running!
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Riley RM Club once took over a campsite on the North Yorks Moors. There were some motorcaravanners there who were practically imprisoned by our old cars, so the least we could do was to offer to drive them round with us.
In the pub afterwards, one said "We usually drive round looking at the scenery. Today we were the scenery!"
petelang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I colected my Daimler V8 from Bedford last August I couldn't believe how many people paid attention to it on the way to Nottingham, via Melton Mowbray. I had truck drivers tooting and waving thumbs out of windows, van drivers running alonside with admiring passengers oggling, even one chap gave me a round of applause as I drove slowly through a village near Melton (he stopped trimming his hedge). I stopped for a bit of lunch at a cafe on A1 near Stamford and found four people discussing round it when I returned. I have had so many nice remarks and I sure never experienced that driving a modern "bean can". It is such a pleasure to go out for a drive and you really feel like you are a lot more "involved" driving a classic which you don't feel behind the wheel of todays cars.
I hope you enjoy your's as much also.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news on the little Austin!! Smile can't beat taking an oldie for its first spin around the block

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
classic jenny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It raised a few faults Exclamation quite a few but nothing time will not put right. Just love the feeling when driving her Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: