classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

History of Motor Racing Film Show East Herts Sat 8th Aug 09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
RTH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: History of Motor Racing Film Show East Herts Sat 8th Aug 09 Reply with quote

I am involved in running an all day film show of motor racing films from 1920-1985 plus interview with former racing driver from 60s & 70s Chris Craft plus lunch and afternoon tea in east Hertfordshire near Bishops Stortford ( about 4 miles from Stansted Airport ) . Sat 8th August 09 10.00 am - 5 pm.
Anyone interested please send me a message and I will e-mail details
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit far away from me but sounds interesting, do you have a list of the films due to be shown?

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
RTH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finalising the time table and running order will be able to put it up in the next few days Rick.
Basically 4 hours of old films from different eras and a live interview between Norman Greenway and Chris Craft with audience Q&A session for an hour, in a modern hall in rural countryside about 40 m directly north of the centre of London..
Lunchtime written motor sport history quiz and a few old cars on display in the car park, morning coffee & biscuits BBQ style lunch and mid afternoon session tea & cake 10,00 - 5.00pm all for a £20 note each inc.
If you like to read through this thread it will tell the story so far , organised by members of 'The Nostalgia Forum' Which I know you are familiar with.

http://forums.autosport.com:80/index.php?showtopic=105938&st=0
RTH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget everybody the next film show is one week today

On Saturday 8th August 09

If you are coming and you have not already messaged or e-mailed me to let me know , then I would be grateful if you would just sent me a quick one line e-mail to let me know so that we can cater for the right number of people. Thanks.

We have got so many really interesting films it is so difficult to pick out the selection this time

As a taster we have club racing from the 1960s, history of the grand prix car from 1924 to 1939, a Texaco film I had never seen before of the 1976 British GP at Brands, big sportscars from 1965, British saloon car championship in 1968 and '69 some Autocross from the early '60s, newsreel of great motor racing events over 5 decades, a 1980 documentary, and of course it would not be a film show without some more spectacular Gerry Marshall footage .........I just don't know how to fit it all in !!

Very much look forward to seeing you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: