classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Pilgrim Bulldog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Pilgrim Bulldog Reply with quote

Anyone into Pilgrim Bulldog kit cars. I am in the process of buying one which was built at Gowanbank motors in Arbroath. Its in bits but is all there to put it together. Its basically a marina kit car and should be easy to fix. Can anyone give me any info on Gowanbank motors and the Pilgrim. It has a small circular plate on the bootlid with the Gowanbank name on it and the number 1. I know of a couple of other Bulldogs , One has a 3 and the other a 4 on the back. I really dont know but if anyone can help that would be great. Confused
hotrodjon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it been road registered or will you need to take it for SVA / BIVA test.
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is registered with the DVLA. The V5 is there for it. Q491PES.
MY son went on to the DVLA website and it was last registered in "1989" It was built in 1986.
He also went on to the Gowanbank Motors website and phoned them. They now only do motorbikes but they gave him a phone number and he phoned it. He got a man that worked there and built them. He has loads of literature and photos on the Pilgrims. My son then told him that the one we have has a number 1 on the bootlid plate and he broke down in tears over the phone. Seemingly he had helped to build it in 1986 and thought that it had been scrapped as no one knew where it had been for the last 20 years. So it made his day to know that the first Gowanbank Pilgrim was still on the go. He has even invited us up to his house in Arbroath to tell us all about it. Alls well that ends well. I like a story like that.
hotrodjon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always nice to have 'provonense' for a project. Sounds very interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: