classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Locating a 2 berth Royale caravan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
MaxB

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Locating a 2 berth Royale caravan Reply with quote

Hi all. Am looking for a 2 berth Royale caravan to purchase. Ideally in good nick as my restoration skills are a bit limited! Have missed one recently on e-bay (grrrr!). If anybody has any info about magazines in which one might be advertised, I'd be interested to know. Of course if you have one for sale, or know of one for sale I would also be interested to hear. Please feel free to personal message me.

Best,
Max
(in Derbyshire)
Brian M

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max

Emmerson on this forum is Chairman of the Royale Owners Club, and I was with him last week in Belgium. He knows of several Royales for sale. He is away for the next 2-3 weeks on an extended European tour but I am sure he will be in touch when he returns.

In the meantime why not have a look at the Safaris for sale on my Safari forum.

Emmerson will disagree, but I reckon Safaris are have more style, are as well built as Royales but are a lot lighter to tow. (you don't need a 4x4!)
Keef

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be the place to watch :-

http://www.royalecaravanownersclub.co.uk/for-sale/453216123

I've still no idea what the van looks like though as the site's only pictures seems to be of the Committee!

Edit: Found this :-

http://www.thomson-caravans.co.uk/photoalbums/caravans/Royal1971.jpg

=========
MaxB

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the info posted above. This is much appreciated.

Max
Allan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Royale caravan Reply with quote

Hi Max
I read your posting with some interest. I own a 2 berth Royale Touranger caravan, it’s a late one, around 1980/81 with double glazed windows. It took me ages to find and since I bought it I have bought a new leisure battery (last year) a new awning (last year) and never been out of the bag. I have also added a loo and waste and fresh water containers, it has an under slung fresh water tank, and gas bottle. Its in good order and is dry and damp free. It tows really well and was last used for a ten day break in the lakes at Easter.It owes me around £1500 and the only reason I am “considering” selling is that I could really use a four berth van. Ideally I would like a tour master, but I know how hard they are to find. My e-mail address is allanbarnes19@hotmail.com
Regards Allan
[color=blue]
[/color]
TOMASALFIE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have little two birth royale for sale in manchester good condition outside, a little damage inside. all original i think. late 60s model, glass windows .I don't always check the internet so phone or text me on 07951 263 506 and I'll email you some photos. we don't want too much for it joe Smile
emmerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why aren't you Royale owners members of the Royale Club? www.royalecaravanownersclub.
emmerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomasalife, It is extremely unlikely that your van is late 60s, as true production didn't really get under way until 1971. To date it accurately, check the plate adjacent to the bottom of the left hand door, between the door and the wheel arch. The first and last numbers are the year, eg 70003 would be a 1973 van. There are various other pointers to its age, but that is the simplest one.
TOMASALFIE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a two birth royale caravan for sale if you're still interested .phone or text on 07951 263 506 and we'l email you some photos
TOMASALFIE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre probably right . we had someone date it when we first bought it and having no other pointers took them at their word. I think their date estimation was based on the design of the window frames. I'll certainly check the plate . there are two. one has the weight and model no. the other is worn completely smooth. we've only just joined this site,I wonder if I can upload photos
tony`mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post everyone, hi there (anybody there ?? Wink )

Heres a pic of mine . . . .

thought I`d add one of my motor too . . .(not for towing !!)

emmerson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony`mac wrote:
My first post everyone, hi there (anybody there ?? Wink )Hi tony mac. Yes, I'm here! www.royalecaravanownersclub.co.uk Why not join us?

Heres a pic of mine . . . .

thought I`d add one of my motor too . . .(not for towing !!)

emmerson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how I got my post on tony'macs, but here it is again! Yes tony, we're here; www.royalecaravanownersclub.co.uk Why not join us?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: