classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Glasgow Bus Museum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Glasgow Bus Museum. Reply with quote

There is an open day on Sunday 11th October . Will probably go along. There is a chap started up on his own restoring buses in Coatbridge. At present he is restoring a 1947 Leyland double decker. He has already restored a few Central SMT buses. Cool
Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't mind 71 - I thought I'd add this link to their web site, which has lots of good images of public transport if the members here can't make the event - Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust

Scotty. Wink
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.....plenty on you tube as well.
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: SECC GLASGOW. Reply with quote

I have often wondered why we cant have a winter classic car show in Glasgow. After all they have one in Birmingham, Bristol, Ally Pally to name a few , but up here nothing. I am quite sure there would be as much interest up here to such an event. Is it Practical Classics and the like who sponsors these events. It would certainly break up the winter a bit.There was an indoor show at Ingliston a few years ago and we had 2 marinas and a Bulldog on our stand, But it really wasnt all that big an event. I am sure Glasgow would get the support.
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed That was meant to be a new topic......clicked the wrong button Embarassed Embarassed
peter scott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't take my oldie out after the first salt goes down and it stays in the garage until those little April showers wash away most of it. I suspect there are quite a few others who's cars are just not protected (and not protectable)
from the dreaded electolyte.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: