classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Indicator lights and switch for my 103E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Sixx NZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Indicator lights and switch for my 103E Reply with quote

I'm after some knowledge regarding what indicators and switches you may have fitted to your vehicles.

I have no switch or Ind lights on my Ford pop and i'm open to any suggestions you may have.

Is there a column switch unit or do you place the switch on the dash?

I'm sure there are other Pop owners who have already completed this task

Scott
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automatic cancelling is always a problem when indicators are added to cars not so equipped. Timed switches come up from time to time on ebay and at auto jumbles. These operate like an egg timer, slowly unwinding to off - so the indicators will not flash for ever. These are normally dash mounted.

Another problem is with lights, if you wish not to alter the bodywork. A tidy way out of this is to use motorcycle indicators with stalks mounted on the bumper bolts. If connected by plugs they can be quickly removed for shows etc (see my little picture on the left).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: