classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1951 Ford Sedan (Fordor?) diecast model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
soundchick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: 1951 Ford Sedan (Fordor?) diecast model Reply with quote

Hi, all~

I stumbled across this website in my search for the diecast model mentioned in the title. I've enjoyed perusing the website and reading a bit in the forums here. This is a nice site!

My Dad owns a 1950 and a 1951 Ford. His labor of love is in restoring these beauties. He tells me the '51 will be my car when he dies and my sister will get the '50.

My family and I have been searching for a diecast model for many years. I have found a '51 Fordor Police car, but I'm not sure that would be the right choice to make.

Has anyone ever seen such a model?
Geoffp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it something like this:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5772930

This Dinky Toys model is still relatively common; if you or your dad want to restore one to look like his, then a scruffy one would be a lot cheaper

Geoff
bertie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! The Ford Fordor brings back memories. My uncle had one in the late `50s, and gave it to my Dad. When the advent of MoT tests came in in 1964, Dad had the foresite to check it over and found that the sills were rotten. Dad being Dad, he filled them both with concrete and undersealed them over...they never rotted after that!... although the fuel consumption increased a touch. He ran that car until 1966, when one wet foggy morning it went into a skid and collided with a bus-Dad did all he could but at the last, threw himself across the bench seat....when all had finished, he looked up to see the bonnet had gone straight over the seat, slicing thru the "A" posts! He regailed us all about that story for many years to come...
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfanut wrote:
This Dinky Toys model is still relatively common; if you or your dad want to restore one to look like his, then a scruffy one would be a lot cheaper

Geoff
Indeed, seems eBay is your friend there are Fordors on there from £0.99p Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: