classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Genuine Poulard awning for sale!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
jennybugs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Genuine Poulard awning for sale! Reply with quote

We have a genuine Poulard awning for sale to fit a 12-14 foot caravan.

This awning has a strange and somewhat sad tale attached to it. I have been on the lookout for an awning for my 10 foot 2 berth Bailey Maru for some time and was delighted when, completely out of the blue, I had an email from someone offering me what was mentioned to be the correct awning for our caravan.
It was based in America so all efforts were made to get it across the USA to Florida where it waited to be shipped over to the UK. It took from the beginning of June to the end of September for the awning to finally reach us and last weekend we set out purely to try it out.

We were greatly disappointed to find the awning was too big in all dimensions for our Bailey Maru and is perfect for a Bailey Mikado sized caravan Crying or Very sad

The sides look like they've rarely been used and are orange. The 'roof' is beige and has the expected few age related marks on it and a few small holes here and there. Nothing that can't be repaired easily.
It has near new poles and everything is complete and intact.
It has this leaflet included with it Poulard2
but this one is an even better explanation of how to solve the Krypton Factor style construction - it is a 12' sized one!
Poulard1

The size guide written on the panels and roof is 12-13'6 and our little Bailey is well under that size...coming in the 10 foot range of 9-11 feet.
Resto thread.

I am heartbroken that the awning won't fit our caravan as the orange would have gone perfectly with our scheme. Everything is included from the wheel skirt to the awning pegs. The pole bag is falling apart at the bottom but the awning bag is useable. Everything is in a big box at the moment and it has that classic old awning smell to it Laughing

Sorry I can't post up a photo of it in all its glory...we couldn't shrink it to fit Sad

Please email me if interested as I don't come on here too often. Sensible offers will be considered, otherwise it's going on Ebay Smile

Collection only from East London, but willing to travel a short way if petrol costs covered. Can easily meet at M25 services at Dartford (Lakeside).

Jenny
christine lowery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: poulard awning Reply with quote

hi having a stable of 3 royales we find that awnings seldom fit but if you have a good sowing machine you can work wonders or there are people out there who will for a fee remake the poulard to fit your van looking at the catalogue it dos,nt look like a big job

christine Rolling Eyes
gillberry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to your local caravaning and camping place they should know someone who repairs reduces tents and awnings .
jennybugs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions peeps but I already have another awning I've sewn up to fit the podlet now. It was much easier to alter than the Poulard would be, even though I can use my sewing machine with my eyes shut Laughing

I don't want to chop this Poulard about and just want to sell it on to someone who will be able to use it as it is.
As I've said, it's too much for me to manage to put up so it has to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: