classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Triumph Roadster 2000, hi from Munich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
roadster2000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Triumph Roadster 2000, hi from Munich Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm Norbert from Munich.

New to british cars, the Triumph Roadster 2000 is my first one and my first real vintage.
It's a left hand from Switzerland and out of traffic since 1969 (perhaps because of a woodworm). It's a very nice car of very good quality and I bought it mainly for family trips together with our children and dogs. Trim and chrome details are very nice, all in all very good craftmanship!
Ashframe, body and engine are restored, but it's still a lot of work to put it all together.
My first cars were mainly Citroens, DS and CX, followed by some little Peugeots 204 (I couldn't pay the permanent Citroen repairs anymore), beetle cabriolet, VW bulli 147, Saab 99 and Saab 900 turbo.
My current classics are Lancia Flaminia GT 3C and Porsche 3.2 Carrera, but my wife doesn't like them, too small, too loud and too quick (the Porsche).

I really appreciate the Roadster Club and the fabulous availability of spare parts even for a car of which perhaps only 500 are still alive!
Compared to the Flaminia, much younger, about 5000 produced, this is really a great advantage thanks to Mr. LUCAS, who obviously furnished every car in GB and used every part for a long period!

Happy restoring, racing or cruising,

Norbert
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norbert, welcome to the forum! I look forward to reading about your cars Smile

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
nibortaweh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Joining In! Reply with quote

Hi Norbert,
I am also a Triumph 2L Roadster owner. I still think these cars are fantastic and feel lucky to own one. I hope you are planning to attend the big Triumph Roadster Club annual rally in 2010. It would be great to have more cars from outside the United Kingdom and I'm sure you'd be made to feel very welcome. Hopefully there will be additional activities at this rally which is also about the best place to get hold of Roadster parts you didn't know you needed.
All the best,
Robin.
roadster2000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin,

to be honest I don't think my car will be ready for the rally 2010, it's in summer, isn't it? I just noticed that even small parts like switches, speedometer, gauges, lamps etc. need a lot of time. And I prefer using the original parts even if they are not in mint condition than those reproductions of questionable quality.
This evening I switched the temperature gauge of a LandRover Military shell and it took me nearly two hours, but the old tube was simply cut off the bulb by a professional....
I will definitely come to Beaulieu, are there some Roadster fans too?

Keep on driving,
Norbert
nibortaweh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norbert,
What kind of condition is your Roadster in? I had rather assumed that it was already restored. I am having a devil of a time getting a new temperature gauge into the dash of my car- a small, vital bolt has stripped! Beaulieu is said to be really good, but I was impressed with the spares that were available at the Roadster rally. I will try to post a photo of my car but I have a bit to learn when it comed to this.
regards,
Robin.
roadster2000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin,

the Roadster is restored by 60 %, but important is that all the difficult and costly things like body, frame, wood, engine, gearbox etc.are done.
The other parts are here (hope so), but I have to respray it and put it all together and this will take some time.

That's how it looks like:

I feel that it could be the first spray! Was a maroon available? First registration was in December 1948.

Would be great to see yours ( I used the guide for photobucket to put this picture on the site)!
Regads, Norbert
nibortaweh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Drives me crazy! Reply with quote

Norbert, I've tried to upload a photo of my Roadster only to be told that my computer is now infected! I guess I'll have to get someone to help me.
Robin.
nibortaweh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Photos. Reply with quote

Hi Norbert,
Can't figure out the photobucket route. if you would like to drop me a short email at nibor-is@sharpdresser.co.uk I will be able to send you a photo or two. Your English is most excellent; how has this come to be? Your car loks like a real challenge, a rare left hand drive model! Are there any parts missing?
nibortaweh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Roadster Colours Reply with quote

......Oh yes, Norbert......
The TRC Members' Technical Handbook states that the colour Schemes for 2000 Roadsters quoted in the 1949 brochure were:
Lumina Green
Lumina Champagne
Lumina Grey
Black
It is said that some Roadster customers specified different colours.
Cheers,
Robin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: