classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

End of my dream (for now)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: End of my dream (for now) Reply with quote

Circumstances have contrived against me and I find that by selling my lovely little caravan matters will ease. Therefore I have decided to sell, I am not looking to make a profit upon my recent purchase price, simply hope to break even. If you know of anybody who may be interested that would be very helpful for me.
Once I have fully reolved my issues than I will be back looking for another caravan, looks like 18 months away or so, not to long.
So I'm not looking for sympathy just a buyer.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means pop some more info on here, pics etc

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rick.
SOLD SOLD SOLD

My little caravan is said to be 1934/5 and is good solid construction of what I believe is called masonite. The chassis is very good no rust and the tyres are OK, although I would renew soon owing to sidewalls begining to age. I have painted the exterior and interior recently and the interior is completely waterproof and no damp or previous damp damage. The roof has recently been recovered and in great condition. It has an gas lamp and small gas two burner hob and grill (all untested). Table is not original but it is perfectly OK when using your table cloth to hide modern formica covering. The two bench seats fold over to create a double bed. Very attractive stained glass leaded windows. Caravan is 6 feet x ten feet and weighs 630kg making it easy to tow with smaller type car. Pictures can be seen on earlier thread titles 'Bayliss Thomas caravan.
Please PM me with any questions. NOW SOLD

In a year or two I will be back looking for an 1920's caravan, in the meantime I will continue to enjoy this forum, just means I won't be caravanning this Summer. Sad

Last edited by Bayliss Thomas on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
cobber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Bayliss Thomas,

Gee I'M sorry to hear that things have gone belly up for you recently.
I would be surprised if you have problems selling your great little 'van, the link to the photos is here for
anybody who's interested.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Cobber.
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cobber, its a bit of a downer but an family member has an need of an hefty loan for house purchase. Things we do eh! But in those immortal words 'I'l be back' Smile
Well I'm staying here listening, learning and enjoying 18 months should see me with another van Very Happy
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bayliss. I may have missed things somewhere, but I have been meaning to post this for a bit. About 25 years ago a guy I knew was part of a syndicate restoring a Bayliss Thomas motor car. Any connection?
PAUL
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAUL BEAUMONT wrote:
Hi Bayliss. I may have missed things somewhere, but I have been meaning to post this for a bit. About 25 years ago a guy I knew was part of a syndicate restoring a Bayliss Thomas motor car. Any connection?
PAUL

Hi Paul, no connection here, sorry. But I do own an Bayliss Thomas 4 seat open tourer of 1925 vintage. I have put it up for sale as I needed to fund an larger engined vintage car to tow my vintage caravan, but things have conspired against me at the moment as I am trying to help sort matters elsewhere. I would be very interested if you have any info' regarding the Bayliss Thomas.
David
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry David, it was a bit of a tenuous connection. I was living in South Wales and got introduced to a young lad who wanted a challenge for a Duke of Edinburgh Award. I arranged for him to get hold of a Jowett Gearbox which he restored very competently, so competently in fact that his father was invited to buy into the syndicate that owned the BT. I only ever saw it the once I believe. Until I saw your "handle" I always thought it was more or less a special.
Paul
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, I always am interested in anything BT, being just 11 of them left now. As it looks like my little caravan will have to go I expect I expect I will be keeping my BT for a little longer. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: