classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Corrosion protection who's best?,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
billykan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Corrosion protection who's best?, Reply with quote

Chap's,

I'm buying a new car next year and i want to get it rust protected with dinitrol,

Been looking at a few places to get it done,Has anyone have experience with rustmaster or anyone else?, I asked rustmaster about doing my car and they said they can do it in 4 hour's, Every other wax oyl centre i asked said it would take a couple of day's,
I want the best Treatment for my car,

Anyone have any exprenice or recommend any wax oyl centre's?,

Decision decision,
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say new do you mean just made or new to you? If the former, be careful that you do not invalidate any manufacturer's anticorrosion warranty. - Just a thought!

PAUL
billykan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAUL BEAUMONT wrote:
When you say new do you mean just made or new to you? If the former, be careful that you do not invalidate any manufacturer's anticorrosion warranty. - Just a thought!

PAUL

Thanks Paul,
New car just out of the show room,Thats a good point, invalidate any manufacturer's anticorrosion warranty.(will look into that)I dont want to wait till the warranty is up and then Dinitrol/ wax oyl car,Want to wax oyl the car before the moisture and any water etc etc settle's in the inner sill's and door's etc etc,
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and most manufacturers corrosion waranty, are pretty long, one car we looked at had 9 years corrosion waranty I think, can't remember what that was now!
SV8Predator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billykan wrote:
PAUL BEAUMONT wrote:

PAUL

Thanks Paul,
New car just out of the show room,

In that case there's really no reason for you to worry about corrosion and additional treatments. The manufacturer's anti-corrosion warranty will be quite long and they will honour this (provided you have it inspected by a dealer annually).

If you plan to keep it longer than the warranty, then get additional anti-corrosion after the final inspection.

Modern anti-corrosion protection is incredibly good. Remember these terribly rusty Fords? It all stopped after about 1997. I've never seen a rusty Ka for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: