classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hello from Melbourne, Australia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
TK1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Hello from Melbourne, Australia Reply with quote

Hi all,

Recently found this forum, and having joined I thought I should do the right thing and say G'day. Good to see a few other Aussies on here.

I don't have a classic/vintage car at present but am looking into getting one so will no doubt lurk around here for a bit absorbing information.

I have previously owned and restored old Land Rovers (Series II & III's) and Range Rovers (good ol' 2-door ones!) but been away from it for a while (and for something completely different, making timber kayaks).

But having recently driven on a tour with a friend in his 1927 Morris (hopefully I've attached a photo) plus envying his other vintage cars and always having liked early MG's and Austin Healeys, I figure it's time to take the plunge and get back into cars.

So slowly looking whilst choosing what to start with (an MGB is an easy choice, although a T would be nicer!), finishing a kayak to make room and most importantly warming the wife up to the idea.

Sorry, I'm rambling! Hope to post pics of my own car sometime soon and even contribute to a thread or two.

Pic of the Morris below hopefully. I'll post more details if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Darren
Melbourne, Australia

peter scott

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the forum. Your friend's car certainly gives new meaning to a flat-nose Morris! And very impressive too.

Good luck with your search for a stead.

Peter
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, welcome! It never ceases to amaze me - the magnificent stock of old motors in Australia and NZ!
PAUL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: