classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

vinyl protection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
andycars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: vinyl protection Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of a product which can be applied to plastic or vinyl interior trim to protect it? I'm thinking of dashboards and the like on 1970's cars which were prone to splitting (e.g. Hillman Avenger, etc).
Andrew
mid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used Autoglym vinyl and rubber care spray on the interior and the hood of my old MX5... it was a jap import car and the dash had suffered quite bad sun damage - the autoglym stuff brought it up lovely, really cleaned it and conditioned it. looked much better. it worked wonders on the hood too, infact when i part ex'd it to a garage i noticed when he sold it on he advertised that it had a 'recent new hood' when in fact it was the original.

highy recomend the stuff and its easy to apply too.
rustyreks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: vinyl protector Reply with quote

Crc make a product it is silicon 808 spray that is great to revitalise vinyl

non sticky as well.Car detailers use silicon spray in the engine to shine up

plastics and rubbers not that expensive either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: