classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

The best laid plans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
rangerover125

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: The best laid plans Reply with quote

Well believe it or not, all caravan rescues do not go to plan. The perfect plan was to go up to Doncaster to view and buy a caravan tow it home via my sisters to drop her Xmas stuff in, well that was the plan.
On the journey up cars in front started swerving and there wandering up and down the road was a Japaneese Akita Dog, being a soft touch I pulled up on the verge and after a few minutes the dog settled on the side of the road allowing me to hold it by the collar, 2 minutes later I noticed something behind it in the hedgerow a very badly injured staffordshire terrier, hence the reason the Akita wouldn't leave. Anyway to cut a long story short, after the police attended and both dogs let me and an officer help load them into their van we were on the way again. Well that was us 3/4 hour late, pulled off at the exit to find the roundabout closed. An hour diversion followed by which time the vans owner had gone to the football match and I had to settle for lunch at my sisters and a long drive home. No news as yet on the injuered dog and the van went to the person who viewed the next day, so back to project looking lol. Steve
old van man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind steve, maybe it was not ment to be Smile are you staying in touch with mr crab Wink just in case ,he,s got bored with that Paladin Smile
rangerover125

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent him an email to see how he's progressing, so will wait and see if I get a reply. I must admit I'd willingly clear the driveway for that Paladin
JayJay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you rescued two dogs which had obviously been kicked out of a car and abandoned and left to die by the roadside! I can't believe that there are people out there who do this, when you can take dogs to a home or rehouse them... makes me so sad. Poor dogs.

Thanks goodness you turned up when you did!

Shame about the caravan, I hope you find another one soon.
rangerover125

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JayJay. The outcome from the police was that the owner of the dogs actually let them out because she couldn't be bothered to alk them. She has now lost both dogs and faces prosecution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: