classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Coventry Knight 48 caravan restoration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
vintage mobile cinema

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Coventry Knight 48 caravan restoration Reply with quote

Here's a few snaps of my new Coventry Knight caravan awaiting restoration......it's on the back burner for now though, until the Bedford cinema is finished (springtime?.....)

[/img]

Barry Lord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the restoration. Below are a couple of photos of a Coventry Knight on display at Weston Park in Staffordshire at Easter, restored a few years ago by a member of the HCC.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

The same caravan photographed a couple of years ago at the vintage show in Oswestry. It has since been re-painted cream.

[img][/img]

Last edited by Barry Lord on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 am; edited 3 times in total
cobber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day V M C,

I've just had a look at your WEBSITE ....quite a revelation for me.
You certainly like tackling the big projects don't you.. and it's good to see you are taking on the Coventry Knight, she looks pretty good inside.... and not too bad outside either Cool .
Do you know how many of these 'vans have survived ?

Cobber.
vintage mobile cinema

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Barry, those snaps will truly serve as inspiration. Any more are always welcome, these caravans are hard to find info on.

Cobber. Our interior is nearly complete but does have a rotten case of woodworm unfortunately. As for the exterior, it's actually a lot better than it first looks, there's not a dent on it, just a couple of layers of flaky paint and a few missing windows. As for how many exist, I know of about 6 actual caravans but there's several others that were built as exhibition units that still survive in one form or another. In short, I believe Coventry Knight caravans are now like rocking horse s*** to find. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, I'd like to hear there's loads out there. Where are they? I'd like another..... Laughing
old van man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting the pics on Smile i once owned the Knight, in the pics put on by Barry ,it looked just like yours when we bought it Smile
have you two vans, as i can see another one in the background (still in its factory blue paint ) ?
i found one of the biggest problems with these vans is the plastic windows , some years ago a friend of mine, had some made for a tickford knight he was restoring ,
i think i still have the number of the company that made them,
good luck with the resto ! Smile Smile OVM
vintage mobile cinema

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OVM. The other van you can see lurking in the background isn't one of mine, the guy I got mine from managed to find 2 and was going to use the one he sold me as a donor to finish the other. Thankfully he decided to let me have one instead Very Happy A few bits and pieces did go over but on the whole mine remains intact.

Do you or anyone have any tips for treating woodworm?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: