classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Do you have times when....
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
peppiB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My now estranged wife would readily muck in and help with any job from lifting engines and gearboxes, to thoroughly cleaning parts when they were out of the car. She also used to keep the cars spotless. The girl I am carer to can't even tolerate a spec of dirt, never mind oil, on her hands - she just likes riding in the cars and attending shows.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you have times when.... Reply with quote

Dirty Habit wrote:
Do you have times when you stand and look at your project and think it will never be finished or it just seems too much?

Who or what keeps or gets you going again? Confused I work alone and sometimes it would be nice to have someone else there if only for a bit of banter.....do you know what I mean? I am sure I would get more done and quicker if I had someone to throw spanners at Laughing Laughing

Sometimes I just have to shut the door and leave it for a week or so. Reading about other people's rebuilds, whether online or in a mag, often re-kindles enthusiasm.

As for willing helper? well erindoors is unusual in that she likes the older motors, and seems to enjoys shows, road runs etc. Autojumbles are a step too far, but anything else usually gets a thumbs up from her side. She regularly gets roped in on pushing duty if I'm having a sort out, journeys that often involve pushing something up the lawn, an act that loses me a large number of brownie points (the ruts that the wheels leave behind Shocked ).

The main difference between us is that I like the old untouched motors, barn finds etc, whereas she likes shiny vehicles in good condition - you know, the ones that run...maybe she has a point after all...

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: