classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Books on CD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Books on CD Reply with quote

Just a quick note that Anguline Research Archives supply old books on CD (mainly for the genealogy market) but we do have The Autocar Handbook
Tenth Edition : A Guide to the Motor Car as well.
http://anguline.co.uk/transport.htm

We are always looking for useful books to scan and would produce more for the Classic car market if it is thought there would be a market.

We are always open to suggestions.
Cheers
Guy
First Bedford

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely site Guy, I have just purchased on E bay a copy of a 1949 Bedford Truck manual. Very pleased with it, a photocopy but well done and nicely put together, cost me £58, original price 8/-. Don't mind the price because it is so handy. Your suggestion would put it in reach of others, although contacts I have made with same truck, I have offered to scan and send any pages they may need. Would it be harmful to some enterprising soul who is making a living copying and selling old manuals, or just liven up competion?
Pete.
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Books on CD Reply with quote

Guy wrote:

We are always looking for useful books to scan and would produce more for the Classic car market if it is thought there would be a market.

I have 5 large serial volumes of "Newnes Book of the Motorcar" from about 1913. In fact one has a 1913 receipt in the front made out to my grandfather.
Would these be of any interest?

They are in the nature of a family heirloom and I would need assurance they would be returned undamaged.

Jim.
Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, PM sent.
Cheers
Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: