classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Introducing StoneRoad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
StoneRoad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Introducing StoneRoad Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I found Classic Cars Forum as a result of G*****ing over the Holiday Season. So I thought I would join.

Hope you all had a good time over the holiday period - How is your snow?

A couple of bits about me. My interests include Transport (of all kinds) and Lifeboats.

My classic stable consists of three motorbikes.
a) 650cc ALS (model 31) 1960/1
b) 250cc lightweight (!) Matchless 1966
c) 175cc D10 BSA Bantam also 1966 - same model as the one I learnt to drive on (and surprised the driving test examiner with in 1976)

By Profession I am a Librarian, working mainly for consulting engineers, designers and the like. Currently I employed by Stanegate Restorations and Replicas, working on Heritage items, mainly in timber.

This forum looks to be a very intereting place, I am sure that I will enjoy my visits here.

Thanking You
StoneRoad
First Bedford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stoneroad,
welcome. Not far from you, Darlington, just started out on my first restoration. 1952 Bedford K type truck. Purchased through E bay from a chap in Consett that has several old vehicles on E bay.
Pete
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. This forum is great and you can pass away the time when the weather or the TV is rubbish.Used to visit a nice tea room in Haltwhistle years ago with the family on my way to my aunts in Newbottle.This year I am promising myself a visit to the Wall if there are any good caravan parks in the area..................LARRY.
scott_budds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Good to see somebody with some bikes! A chap who I work with has mainly Velocettes and I still would like to buy a Norton at some time. I kep trying to get him to join too.

Your 650 is that meant to be an AJS? Ive not herd of a ALS?

All the best looking forward to seeing some pics of your beauties.

Buddsy
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome stoneroad.

Always glad to see another biker. I have a 1939 600cc Ariel Sq 4. Been unused in the back of the garage for some time now. Just having seen how these sort of machines are appreciating I'm giving mine a tidy-up.

Don.
Ashley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had several Square Fours and loved them, much better than a Vincent Rapide I had too. This is the last one:

scott_budds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigtin

1939 is that rigid with girder forks? I love pre war bikes on girders. Am hoping to buy on one day, always like the early Norton ES2s my friend is rebuilding a 38 Velocette KSS

Buddsy
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anstey rear plungers were an option at that time and mine was fitted with them.

StoneRoad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: me intro! Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome,

Yeah, well spotted! Scott
I thought that I had typed AJS, but got the L instead, and missed it when re-reading my post. (either my lisdexia is showing again, or I was a bit too tired!)

At some point, I'll take some digitals of the bikes and post them on here!
(Hopefully not too far in the future!)

How's the S*** in your patch? We've got at least 12" up the back garden!

Time to work on the inside projects, methinks.
(Which is why I'm on here again - doing research!)

TTFN
StoneRoad
StoneRoad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: update! Reply with quote

How is everybody? What's your weather like?

I gave up this morning - it is snowing Again! not much yet, but just enough to make it "interesting"!

I've been keeping a lower profile - as we have been moving into a new, larger workshop at work, whilst getting other things done (like finishing off a railway waggon) - so I have not had much time to myself.

I will have some pictures quite soon! as long as the weather actually co-operates (for a change!)

Keep Safe!
StoneRoad
Jim.Walker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bikes shown on here. I'm sure many of us have bikes as well as cars, but the Motorbike heading on this Forum seems to somewhat ignored. How about a bit more interaction?

I also have bikes. Three in fact. A 1956 Triumph 5T Speed Twin, a 1959 5TA Speed Twin (both on the road and used often near and far) and a re-imported 1957 5T Speed Twin which I took to bits, because it came with many faults and which I now have a yen to re-build in 1957 Thunderbird colours and guise because I think them very attractive. It may make more sense to buy a Thunderbird, but what the heck? I should be able to put it back on the road for less than half the price of a Thunderbird and at 70+ I don't want to travel any faster anyway.

Jim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: